Personal Trainer/Fitness Assessment Administrator
Contact Person: Julie Kelly, Fitness Coordinator
- Conduct one-on-one exercise sessions with Sanderson Center members.
- Utilize ACSM guidelines to design exercise programs tailored to individual needs.
- Ensure the safety and appropriateness of exercises selected for individual workouts.
- Recommend classes and equipment to clients.
- Correct form and teach exercise and conditioning technique to clients within sessions.
- Conduct fitness evaluations on clients in a professional manner.
- Be competent in the following testing procedures: resting heart rate, blood pressure, body composition, cardio-respiratory fitness, upper & lower body flexibility, and muscular endurance.
- Deliver results in a clinical manner, refraining from judgment beyond the category in which the result fall.
- Responsible for thorough communication with patron throughout the test, seeking out warning signs for omitting or stopping testing if there is a potential danger to the patron.
- Sign up client for personal training via the approved method of placing the client on the waiting list or directly in the schedule if possible.
- Enforce Recreational Sports policies in a clear and fair manner.
- Provide modifications of exercises based upon the client’s level of fitness and personal choice.
- Act as a customer service representative to patrons and clients in the Sanderson Center.
- Complete required forms legibly and in a timely manner.
- Assist with emergency procedures and evacuations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Presents a professional appearance and attitude.
- Maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Demonstrate strong initiative.
- Demonstrates an understanding of diversity.
- Acts an ambassador for Recreational Sports both at work and away.
- Must be currently enrolled in MSU with a minimum 2.25 GPA.
- Fitness training successfully completed or in possession of a current certification from one of the following certifying bodies: the ACSM, NSCA, AFAA, ACE, or Cooper Institute.
- Ability to communicate and articulate exercise guidelines and posture to clients.
- Availability includes a minimum of 4 sessions/week along with Fitness Assistant/Lead Trainer Shifts.
- Currently certified in First Aid, AED, and CPR through the American Red Cross.
- Maximum hours allowed per week are 19 (average 15)
- Work shifts include morning, afternoon, evening and weekend hours.
- Some required holiday hours.
Pay Rate: $8.00/hour
Job Applications: Download Application (Adobe PDF Format)
Return completed application to the Member Services Office at the Joe Frank Sanderson Center.