Group Exercise Instructor
Contact Person: Julie Kelly, Fitness Coordinator
- To provide fitness classes as part of the Fitness program.
- Responsible for conducting fitness classes and instruction for Recreational Sports participants.
- Ensure the safety and security of patrons, facility and equipment.
- Enforce Recreational Sports policies and procedures in a fair, prudent and professional manner.
- Plan, develop and instruct safe, fun and well-rounded exercise and fitness classes using approved exercise guidelines and principles.
- Observe participants for proper technique, body posture and movements for safety.
- Provide exercise modifications to allow for a variety of fitness levels and abilities.
- Provide customer service and communicates with staff and patrons.
- Advise participants on routine exercise questions.
- Assist with emergency procedures and evacuations.
- Complete required forms completely and legibly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate positive leadership qualities.
- Presents a professional appearance and attitude.
- Maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Demonstrate strong initiative.
- Demonstrates an understanding of diversity.
- Acts an ambassador for Recreational Sports both at work and away.
- Must be currently enrolled at MSU with a minimum overall GPA of 2.0.
- Previous involvement in group exercise.
- Group exercise certification by a nationally recognized organization (i.e. ACE, AFAA, ACSM, Cooper’s Institute, etc.) or other certification as approved by Assistant Director of Fitness.
- Must teach a minimum of 3 classes per week
- Ability to lead and cue participants through a safe and effective group exercise workout.
- First Aid, Adult CPR, and AED certified.
Pay Rate: Starting pay: $9.00-1 hour classes, $7.50- 30 minute classes
Job Applications: Download Application (Adobe PDF Format)
Return completed application to the Member Services Office at the Joe Frank Sanderson Center.