Contact Person: Julie Kelly, Fitness Coordinator
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide assistance to participants in the Strength and Aerobic Conditioning and Second Level Fitness areas.
- Perform duties for the day-to-day activity supervision and equipment upkeep.
- Enforce Recreational Sports policies and procedures in a fair, prudent and professional manner.
- Provide proper spotting for weight room participants.
- Assist participant in operating fitness equipment.
- Clean and maintain fitness facilities and equipment.
- Provide customer service and communicate with participants and staff.
- Assist participants with minor disputes and problems.
- Complete required forms completely and legibly.
- Assist with emergency situations and evacuations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Presents a professional appearance and attitude.
- Maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Demonstrate strong initiative.
- Demonstrates an understanding of diversity.
- Acts an ambassador for Recreational Sports both at work and away.
- Must be currently enrolled at MSU, with a minimum GPA of 2.00.
- Attend and pass required Recreational Sports Fitness training.
- Working knowledge of the free weight, selectorized and plate-loaded machines.
- Working knowledge of cardiovascular equipment and a variety of exercise accessories (steps, exercise bands, body bars, etc.)
- Working Knowledge of personal computer programs and audio equipment.
- First Aid, CPR and AED certified.
- Maximum hours allowed per week are 19 (average 15)
- Work shifts include morning, afternoon, evening and weekend hours.
- Some required holiday hours.
Pay Rate:$7.50 / hour
Job Applications: Download Application (Adobe PDF Format)
Return completed application to the Member Services Office at the Joe Frank Sanderson Center.